Speech and Language Therapy Services
Melissa Peters, M.S., CCC-SLP delivers speech and language services to a variety of client populations. She believes in an individualized, evidence-based approach to treating speech and language disorders. The way a child understands and expresses themselves is paramount to familial, academic, and social success. Speech and language begin within the first couple of months of development. Speech and language therapy addresses a child’s communicative need and provides intervention to help the child reach their communicative potential.
Melissa Peters, M.S., CCC-SLP is experienced in treating the following disorders:
- Receptive and expressive language disorders
- Receptive and expressive language delay
- Early Intervention services
- Voice disorders
- Developmental disorders of speech and language (related to Autism Spectrum Disorder, or any other disorders)
- Articulation disorders
- including lisps (trouble producing /s/)
- difficulty producing /r/
- articulation disorders related to anatomical structure and function (cleft palate, genetic disorders, craniofacial disorders)
- Comprehension of written text (inferencing, reading comprehension)
- Grammar within spontaneous speech
- Apraxia of Speech
- Auditory processing disorder
Melissa uses evidence-based approaches as well as a child-centered environment to help your child with these speech and language disorders.
Melissa is PROMPT Level 1 Trained, which may be an asset to your child depending on their deficit. She has experience doing DIR-Floortime and Oral Placement Therapy for articulation disorders.
Your child’s success in therapy is Melissa’s top priority. She re-evaluates treatment plans often and comes up with different, innovative approaches to help your child succeed in their speech and language development.